There’s truth in the sentiment, “teamwork makes the dream work.” When team members don’t feel included or heard in their environment, they’re not going to do their best work, so it’s up to managers, supervisors, and even global security directors to foster a workplace and culture that doesn’t allow anyone to be silenced.
On this episode, Microsoft’s CISO, Bret Arsenault, sits with his friend and peer, Emma Smith, Director of Global Cybersecurity for Vodafone. Throughout the conversation, they discuss returning to in-person work after over a year of being remote and some of the inherent difficulties that come with the change, especially as they relate to inclusivity.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How focusing on digital society, inclusion for all, and the planet allows for practical actions.
- Why 5G is so important for a hybrid workforce.
- Why Emma and Bret support eliminating passwords.
Some Questions We Ask:
- How does Emma look at inclusion initiatives from an industry perspective?
- What is ‘withstander’ training and why is it crucial for effective leadership?
- What are Emma’s three points of wisdom for security practitioners?
Emma Smith’s LinkedIn.
Brett Arsenault’s LinkedIn:
Security Unlocked: The Microsoft Security Podcast
Security Unlocked: CISO Series with Bret Arsenault is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.